Zen Shiatsu is a modern form of bodywork that evolved from traditional Chinese medicine. Using pressure from the fingers and joint stretching techniques, Shiatsu works with the living energy within your body. By allowing the energy (also called chi, qi, or ki) to flow more smoothly along energy pathways, or meridians, your body is brought into balance on physical, mental, and emotional levels.
A Shiatsu therapy session begins with a brief discussion of any focus or intention the client wishes to address. Then I take a few moments to gently palpate the abdomen to assess the flow of energy in the body. From there I work the meridians directly, encouraging them to find a natural balance.
Zen Shiatsu is a clothed form of massage. Please wear clean socks and comfortable clothes that allow freedom of movement when stretching.
Zen Shiatsu massage therapy can:
- Relieve muscle and joint pain
- Ease anxiety, depression, sleep or eating disorders
- Increase vitality and well-being
- Reduce or avert headaches and migraines
- Aid in dealing with grief
- Help you feel more in touch with your body
- Calm the mind